There is something about summertime that makes me feel especially in love with retro styles and trends. Maybe it is the “free love” feeling in the air, harkening back to eras gone by, or maybe it is the fact that vintage TV shows, movies, and fashion are EVERYWHERE! From last week’s phenomenal episode of Mad Men to the outcry for retro beachwear silhouettes, it feels like summer is bringing with it a wave of vintage love. And that’s fine by me. Just fine. Here were some fun & quirky retro posts I found around the web this week, take a look!
It’s that time again. Time for important news, time for reflection. Yes, that’s right, time for another retro round-up. There were some great vintage-inspired headlines and blog posts this week, so I thought I would share them with my lovely readers. Enjoy!
- Quiz: Yourself to see what you know about Ziggy Stardust (Rolling Stone)
- Think: About why nostalgia-tinged films are such hits (Deadline Hollywood)
- Decorate: Using antique mirrors in new and interesting ways (Houzz)
- Scream: For your favorite TV stars in retro horror films (ELLE)
- Gaze: At these scary 1970’s environmental images (GOOD)
- Admire: This image of Bette Davis from the Forties (Stylelist)
- Watch: Iconic Sophia Loren’s vintage perfume commercial (BellaSugar)
- Beware: Of these picks for the best 1970’s Dystopian Films (A.V. Club)
- Listen: To this McCartney-centric Helter Skelter Remix (Best Week Ever)